What is the 2021 Hanteo Music Awards all about? Categories and award dates revealed
Hanteo has partnered with popular app Whosfan to launch the 2021 Hanteo Music Awards. The newly created awards show will join the existing lineup of coveted year-end awards shows. Even though the 2021 Hanteo Music Awards will be held online for the first time, fans are pulling out all the stops for their favorite idols to win.
What are the categories for the 2021 Hanteo Music Awards?
K-pop fans will now have to fight against each other for another year-end musical show trophy. Hanteo Global has announced the 2021 Hanteo Music Awards (HMAs), the first in history. For now, the price has revealed five categories, calculated only for the Hanteo chart:
the First Week Sales Record Priceas the name suggests, will be awarded to the idol group with the highest sales in the first week of 2021. It will be entirely based on album sales and will be awarded to the top 10 artists.
The recipient of The Artist’s Prize would be a group that had “significant impact on the music industry” based on metrics such as music score, album sales, social media buzz, portal buzz, indexes of fandom and others measuring up to 65%, while the remaining 35% is based on fan votes.
The voting period for the Artist Award will begin on December 20 at 12:00 a.m. KST and end on December 26 at 11:59 a.m. KST. The category will reward the top 3 male and female groups and the top 3 male and female solos.
the Rookie of the Year will also be selected based on the above criteria: 65% overall music, album, trending score and 35% fan votes. The voting period for ROTY will open on December 27 at 12:00 a.m. KST and end on January 2, 2022 at 11:59 a.m. KST. The subcategories include both male and female artist awards.
the Special price Hanteo Music Awards 2021 will be awarded to the selected artists whose participation from different angles, such as album sales, music streaming, etc., will be calculated. It will also measure aggregate Whosfan app data but will not include fan votes.
Finally, the Whosfandom Awards will be awarded based solely on an artist’s fan power. The app has listed the top 40 fandoms, and they will fight for the #1 position. The prize will be awarded to both the artist and the fandom. Voting began on December 15 at 12 a.m. KST and will end on January 6, 2022 at 11:59 a.m. KST.
Meanwhile, voting for Whosfan Fandom Award has already gained popularity on Haneto’s app and Twitter.
When will the 2021 Hanteo Music Awards air?
The 2021 Hanteo Music Awards have a unique release date. Instead of awarding artists on the same day, Hanteo and Whosfan decided to continue their momentum and give each category a day to shine.
The first week sales record will be announced on December 20, while the Artist Award will be announced on December 27, 2021. The ceremony will continue next year, with the Rookie Award presented on January 3, the Whosfan Award Fandom on January 7 and finally, The Special Award on January 10, 2022.